YummyEats.com own easy recipe for a delicious, small bite appetizer baked with tuna, Swiss cheese, and crackers.
Here is our own original recipe for a quick and easy appetizer using simple ingredients put together on crackers for a toasty treat. These cracker snacks are so easy to make and bake, and so very tasty that your party guests or family will gobble them up! We recommend using a sturdy cracker (not too thin) that won’t break, crumble or fall apart easily – a multi-grain cracker seems to have just the correct taste to match with the flavors of the tuna and cheese blend. (By the way, this is *not* a sponsored post, the cracker brands mentioned in this recipe are just what we found works well, but you can try this out with any multigrain or variety of cracker you enjoy).
Recipe : How to Make
- 5 ounce can Tuna Fish (Chunk Light, packed in water)
- 1 heaping tablespoon White Onion, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon Dry Mustard (we like Colman's powdered mustard)
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- freshly ground Black Pepper to taste (we use about 3 grinds on our Pepper Mill)
- Crackers of your choice, preferably Multi-Grain (we like Keebler Multi-Grain Club Crackers for this recipe - or try classic "Ritz")
- Sliced Swiss Cheese (1.5 oz. total)
- Hot Sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain the water from the tuna fish.
- Mix together tuna, onion, dry mustard, relish, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place a dollop (a rounded teaspoonful) of the mixture on a cracker, then place the cracker on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Continue preparing crackers until the tuna mixture is gone (about 16 crackers).
- Place a proportionally sized (the size of your tuna dollop) piece of Swiss Cheese on top of each cracker, followed by a drop or so of hot sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cheese should be melty - serve hot.
Enjoy the Eats!